THREE CONVENIENT TRAINING LOCATIONS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CCW APPLICANTS.
Applications are taking longer than normal to process for some counties.
If you are applying in Sacramento, San Joaquin, or Solano County, please read the information below.
PROCEDURE FOR SAN JOAQUIN AND SACRAMENTO COUNTIES:
1) Apply at the Sheriff's Office using the online CCW application system at this link:
For San Joaquin application: https://sanjoaquinca.permitium.com/ccw/start
For Sacramento application:
2) Schedule your interview with the Sheriff.
3) Enroll in a class that is AFTER the interview date with the Sheriff.
PROCEDURE FOR SOLANO COUNTY:
You must receive formal approval from the Solano County Sheriff prior to enrolling in a class. Please follow these simple steps:
1) Apply online at the Solano County Sheriff's Office. Use this convenient link:
2) Once you have applied, you will undergo an interview with the Solano Sheriff's Office, be fingerprinted, and undergo a background check.
3) If approved, you will receive an email from the Sheriff's Office instructing you to enroll in the required training with an approved training provider. It's at this step that you enroll in this training class.
Do not enroll in the class until you have received the approval email from the Solano Sheriff to do so.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CONTRA COSTA APPLICANTS
You must attend a mandatory 8 hour class, including a live-fire qualification shoot, at the Contra Costa Sheriff's Office upon approval of your application. However, if you would like to improve your firearms safety and shooting ability, be better educated in the laws regarding the use of deadly force, and take advantage of our assistance with completing your application package, we invite you to enroll in our class prior to applying at Contra Costa County.