April 4, 2020 | 9AM-7PM & April 5, 2020 | 1PM-7PM
Two-Day, 16 Hour
California & Multi-state
Guns Fishing & Other Stuff
6705 Amador Plaza Rd, Dublin, CA 94568
This CCW class our two-day, 16 hour, premium course which teaches the skills necessary to safely carry a concealed firearm in public. This course includes live-fire range training from the holster and judgmental training on our Laser Shot Sim Range Simulator. Students receive two textbooks: A full color copy of "The Guide to Personal Protection Outside the Home" and a copy of the latest edition of "California Gun Laws" (a combined value of $65).
Since 2006, we have assisted in the application process, interview preparation, and training for thousands of successful California CCW holders, including for the following counties:
Napa, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Solano, Sonoma, Contra Costa, Alameda, Calaveras, Amador, El Dorado, City of Napa, Placer, Santa Clara, San Mateo and Nevada Counties.
For Solano county residents, you must apply first and receive approval from the Solano County Sheriff, then enroll in the class. Apply online at:
For all other counties, applicants may apply either before or immediately after the class at their respective Sheriff’s office. Residents who live within the City limits of Napa, will apply at the Napa Police Department. All other Napa county residents should apply at the Napa County Sheriff’s office.
The course covers outdoor defensive shooting skills, safely drawing a firearm from a holster, combat reloads, malfunction clearance, accurate aimed fire, point shooting, threats from behind, firearm concealment, law enforcement contact procedures, the legal aspects, and much more.
Completion of this course, however, does not guarantee that you will be issued a California CCW permit, as the decision on your eligibility is made by the Sheriff or Police Chief in the county or city in which you live. Upon completion of this class, our Training Team is available to you as a resource (at no additional charge) to guide you through the application process, including how to put your application packet together and articulate your written “good cause” statement.
Completion of this course provides sufficient proof of training for the Arizona, Florida, Virginia and Utah non-resident CCW permits, too. These non-resident permits are available, by mail, to law-abiding California residents and together are recognized in these 33 states outside of California:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Utah, Arizona, Florida, and Virgina are “shall issue” to those applicants who clear the required background check, and application is done by mail. Instructions are provided for all four states and applications for the Utah and Arizona permits are provided and completed during the class.
Fingerprinting services are available at the class for a modest fee of $20 per card. If you want both Utah (needs 1 card) and Arizona (needs 2 cards), you will need to bring $60 cash.
Course fee includes all range fees, targets, and Certificate of Training. Complimentary bottled water, coffee and donuts are provided.
• Handgun(s) - Revolver or semiautomatic (full-size or compact, no tiny pocket pistols please). Contra Costa County does not allow 1911 type of guns on the permits they issue. Most counties will approve you for up to three guns, with the exception of Contra Costa (max. 2 guns) and Alameda (one gun) for your initial CCW permit. Please bring all guns you want on your permit to first day of class.
• Twin magazine belt carrier and three magazines (minimum) or one speed-loaders if using a revolver.
Strong side outside-the-waistband belt holster (no cordura nylon or leather). We do not allow holsters with retention devices or Blackhawk Serpa holsters. We highly recommend the Blade-tech "Classic" OWB holster, Uncle Mike's Kydex, or LAG Kydex holsters, or their equivalent. Blade-tech "Classic" OWB holsters are now available at the Dublin store.
• Ammunition (250 rounds for one main training gun plus an additional 50 rounds for each additional gun you want on your permit). Ammo can be purchased at the range, for use in the class. No background check is required if all ammo is used during the class.
• Wrap-around eye protection and electronic hearing protection (we recommend Howard Leight Impact Sport headphones and these are available for purchase at the Dublin store.)
• Front opening jacket or vest, medium weight, that covers the holstered handgun.
• Baseball cap or visor.
• Sack lunch—first day is a working lunch.
• Closed-toe sport shoes or tactical boots.
You must bring all guns you want on your permit to class on the first day (Saturday). Please do not bring any ammunition into the classroom. Handguns must be unloaded and cased to bring into store and checked in at front counter upon entry.
This is a limited seating course. Enrollment requires preregistration and prepayment of non-refundable course fee to book a slot.
For more information, call Denise at 408-687-3791